|Education, Environment, Social area
|Children, Nature & Environment, NGO & Foundations, People in need
|at least 4 years
|18 years or older
|Spanish (mid level)
The volunteer project was started by a cultural and environmental organization in Pisco Elqui in northern Chile. The mission of the organization is to support children and young people between the ages of 3 and 18 in their development and to make them aware of environmental protection. The focus here is on the methods recognized internationally by UNESCO: TiNI methodology, water science academy and Tiva excursions. This gives the children an awareness of our environment and nature, which they can also live and implement in their families.
The following tasks are possible with this volunteer project:
- Support of the various program areas (sporting activities, excursions into nature, workshops, vegetable garden, environmental education, etc.)
- Supervision of the children
- Help with planting the orchards and greenhouses with the children
- Art projects (music, dance, painting, theater etc.)
- Promotion of local handicrafts
- Assistance in the areas of “eating and healthy living” and “environmental awareness” (sports activities, teaching on waste separation, recycling, etc.)
- Project drafts for the further development of the organization
- Developing your own ideas to keep the children busy
- English lessons (not always offered)
- Ecotourism (not always offered)
Your tasks can vary and depend on factors such as the number of volunteers, weather, time of year, current needs of the project and your own motivation. Not every volunteer may be fully involved in all of these tasks.
be fond of children, social, creativity, environmental awareness
mid level of Spanish (A2-B1)
We would be happy to organize a preparatory Spanish course in Chile for you. more info
Between 30 and 40 hours per week.
Monday – Friday from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. and 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. A bit flexible depending on the season.
International travel health insurance is required. Liability insurance with international protection and travel cancellation insurance is recommended. You should also take out accident insurance for activities in particularly dangerous areas. more Info
In general, no special vaccinations are required. We recommend that you contact your general practitioner or an appropriate travel doctor before you travel. more info
No special visa is required. We do recommend that you contact the responsible Chilean consulate before you start your journey. more Info
mit Unterkunft und Vollpension
- Vermittlung einer Freiwilligenarbeit in Chile
- Unterkunft im Einzelzimmer mit Vollpension
- Persönliche Beratung und Unterstützung bei allgemeinen Fragen während deines gesamten Aufenthaltes
- Übersetzung deines Lebenslaufs auf Spanisch
- Persönlicher deutscher Ansprechpartner vor Ort
- 24-Stunden Notfallnummer in Chile
- Programmbestätigung für Visumsantrag (falls ein Visum nötig sein sollte)
- Teilnahmebescheinigung für deine Freiwilligenarbeit
- Infobroschüre mit den wichtigsten Daten und Fakten zu Chile
- Nützliche Infos und Tipps zu deinem Aufenthalt
Combine volunteering with work and travel, ranch stay or internship
If you are planning a longer stay, you can e.g. also combine 2 volunteer work for 3 months or 1 volunteer work and 1 work and travel job, an au pair, ranch stay or internship throughout different locations in Chile. Our programs can be combined with one another as needed. The best thing is, if you combine several programs in Chile, you will receive the following discounts on the program cost.
Accomodation and meals
Accommodation is in a homestay. A homestay is similar to a host family. They are rooms in private households in which one or more rooms are rented to volunteers, interns or language students. In most homestays, the landlord lives in the accommodation himself. All landlords are open minded, very hospitable and eager to receive people from abroad.
Your landlord can be a single person, a warm señora, young professionals, students or even couples and families. Homestay accommodation offers you deep insights into Chilean culture and language.
We offer single rooms as an accommodation option. A double room is also possible on request. Internet connection is available. You always have free access to the commonly used rooms, such as the living room, kitchen or bathroom. All accommodations are in a safe location with good transport links.
Pisco Elqui is located in the heart of the Elquital in the middle of the picturesque landscape of the Andean foothills. The village, which is synonymous with idleness, relaxation and good drink, is located approx. 450 km north of Santiago de Chile and approx. 100 km from La Serena.
Known for the many pisco distilleries, the extremely clear starry sky and year-round sunny weather, the place is a popular travel destination for Chilean tourists.
At the birthplace of the best piscos in the country, you definitely have to try this exquisite Moscatel grape distillate. Mixed with cola, it is called Piscola and is currently the most popular party drink among Chileans.